There are mainly two proteins that can be obtained from milk- casein and whey. In milk protein, casein makes up to 80% of the protein. Casein protein has a high amount of BCAA present in them that allows your body to build muscles. The absorption rate of protein in casein is comparatively slower, making you feel less hungry and allowing you to maintain a healthy diet. Casein is the best protein that you can have before going to bed.
You will come across many casein protein powders in the market that promises to fulfill different requirements. But before concluding which product to buy, you should consider two factors that help you determine between the most effective casein protein. The factors are listed below:
- Casein protein powder’s nutritional value: To understand the nutritional value of casein protein, you need to look into two things- Content and quality of the protein and beyond protein. Casein is among one of the highest quality protein sources and contains all the essential amino acids needed by the body. Other than protein, casein has other beneficial properties as well.
- The amount you need to take: If the reason behind you starting to use protein is to Lose Weight, then your daily requirement is from 0.8 to 1.6 grams per kg of your body weight. But if you started taking casein protein to gain Muscle mass around 1.6 to 2.4 grams per kg of your body weight.
Here is the list of 6 best Casein Proteins in India.
6 Best Casein Proteins in India 2021
|Casein Protein Powder||Flavor||Weight||Buy Now|
|Optimum Nutrition||Chocolate||300 grams||Check The Price|
|Dymatize Elite||Chocolate||2kg 130 grams||Check The Price|
|Muscletech||Chocolate||300 grams||Check The Price|
|Muscle Pharm||Chocolate||2kg 110 grams||Check The Price|
|True Supplements||No flavor||1kg||Check The Price|
|AS-IT-IS||No Flavor||1kg||Check The Price|
Best Casein Proteins in India Reviews
Optimum Nutrition is one of the largest producers in the world of sports nutrition products. The brand takes much pride as well as care in crafting their supplements for their consumers to help them build a healthy physique.
Compared to other casein proteins, the gold standard protein offered by Optimum Nutrition takes a longer amount of time to be broken down into its subcomponents of amino acids.
As the source of protein, micellar protein is used by Optimum Nutrition.
This powder contains 24g of anti-catabolic micellar casein that helps in the slow digestion process. Apart from the micellar casein, the powder contains 5 grams of BCAAs per scoop that occur naturally as well as Glutamic Acid and Glutamine. It is best to consume this protein in-between meals or before going to bed.
To protect the container from any contamination, it has a wrap seal that is plastic shrink around the cap of the container. Apart from this seal, you will not come across any other seal inside the container. In all the containers, you will come across a manufacturer date, expiry date, as well as a batch code.
Item weight: 300 grams
Protein Source: Casein, Whey
- Thick consistency that allows you to remain full for a long time.
- The powder contains natural BCAAs up to 5 grams.
- In this powder, the amount of micellar protein present is 24 grams.
- Does not affect your digestion.
- It is a bit on the grainier side, but you will not face any problem if you have a good shaker.
Dymatize is a sports nutrition brand that promises to deliver products that will help you stay fit. Dymatize Elite casein supply your muscles with a steady flow of Amino Acids. Elite casein is a great protein as they help you build muscles and also helps in releasing amino acids slowly in your system.
The powder is made of BCAAs and micellar casein in its pure form. The quantity of BCAA in the powder is 5 grams, and pure micellar casein is 25 grams. The powder is available in four different flavors like cookies and cream, rich chocolate, smooth vanilla, and a cinnamon bun.
The powder can be mixed easily and has a wonderful taste due to the presence of natural flavors. The total content of fat and carbohydrates is less than 5%, which makes it very healthy. Elite casein is designed in a way that will help you support your muscles for hours.
You just need 2 scoops of the powder and can mix it with 200-240ml of the beverage you want. To get the best results out of the Dymatize Elite Casein, you should consume it before going to sleep and not in between meals.
Item weight: 2kg 130grams
Protein Source: Casein
- If you want to gain muscles, this is a perfect choice as it keeps a balance of nitrogen Protein.
- Contains micellar casein in its purest form.
- Can be mixed very easily with any beverage.
- Contains less than 5% fats and carbohydrates combined.
- The powder features all the important essential amino acids that are required by your body.
- The presence of natural flavor is not liked by everyone.
- The price is a bit high.
MuscleTech is a trusted sports brand that has been in the business for the past 20 years. Nitro-Tech has made a name for itself with its protein innovation. This powder is designed so everyone can use and build their muscles and prevent the breakdown of muscle.
Nitro-Tech Gold is an advanced formula that is made from multiple sources of casein and has a primal rate of digestion along with a great profile of BCAA. In a single scoop of the powder, you will get around 24 grams of the best quality protein and micellar casein.
The amount of BCAA present in this formula is 10 grams. The powder helps you build lean muscles as well as helps you recover after your workout. Each serving of the protein contains around 4 grams of leucine that is highly anabolic. This will help in faster protein synthesis in your body.
The texture of the powder is non-gritty and prevents the breakdown of your muscles. It is perfect for athletes, Bodybuilders, powerlifters, cross-fitters, or anyone who wants to build muscles or increase their protein intake.
Item weight: 300 grams
Protein Source: Casein
- Provides continuous energy for 8 hours.
- Contains very less amount of carbohydrates and fats
- It has an awesome taste.
- Helps you recover after a heavy workout.
- You require a blender to mix the powder properly.
Muscle Pharm has been providing sports nutrition products for quite a while now. The researchers and physicians who have been working for the brand have performed more than 20 clinical tests. They have made more than 22 million products and have acquired a certificate of being free from any banned substance.
The powder is filled with 20 grams of micellar casein that helps your muscle gain their strength back. Apart from this, the powder also contains digestive enzymes up to 60 mg that help promote proteins to muscles. The product is free of gluten and any artificial substances.
The powder is free of fats and contains only 2 grams of carbs, making it popular among fitness enthusiasts. As the protein powder helps you recover the muscle, it is suggested that you take this protein powder in the night time before going to bed.
You require only 1 scoop of the Muscle Pharm Casein powder, and you have to mix the powder with cold water. The amount of water can be based on the consistency as well as the taste of the mix you want. As there are active ingredients present in this powder, it is best to shake the container before use so that the ingredients in the powder are mixed well properly.
Item weight: 2kg 110 grams
Protein Source: Casein
- Helps in the natural process of feeding the muscles with proteins.
- Rebuilds as well as repairs muscle.
- Contains micellar casein up to 28 grams.
- Free of banned substances.
- Contains milk, so it is best to stay away from it if you are lactose intolerant.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly supplement and wish to fulfill all the nutrition goals by leading a healthy lifestyle, True supplements will solve all your worries.
True Supplements provide casein in its purest form to fulfill your daily nutrition. Casein keeps a steady as well as a slow flow of amino acids that makes it’s effect last longer than usual proteins. Casein increases the synthesis of proteins in your muscles at the time of resting. Another advantage of casein is they increase your metabolic rate and allow you to lose fat faster.
This is a 100% vegetarian product that is made with a combination of whey. This combination helps you recover in the best way possible after heavy weight training. The product, after being manufactured, is made to go through a lot of tests so that they follow all the parameters required to provide a natural product.
This powder is free of sugar, making it a popular choice among diabetics as well as people who want to maintain their health. It is also free of any additives and free of gluten.
Item weight: 1kg
Flavor: No flavor
Protein Source: Casein
- Natural product
- 100% vegetarian
- Allows you to lose weight faster.
- Free of gluten and sugar
- The packaging is not up to the mark.
Purity is very difficult to attain, and As-It-Is aims to give you the best ingredients. Every ingredient indeed contains some impurities, but the brand ensures to remove all the traces of impurities.
Micellar casein, which is also known as night-time protein, is the key ingredient in the powder. The powder contains all the essential branched-chain acid, Glutamine, as well as the nine Amino Acids that are considered essential. Casein helps in increasing the synthesis of proteins in the muscles and helps you boost your strength after a strenuous exercise routine.
Casein slowly releases amino acids in your blood and makes your cravings less. The consumption of the powder makes your physical performance better and helps you build lean muscles. It also helps you boost your energy as well as immunity.
The protein is anti-catabolic and provides the best results to be achieved if you consume it after your workout or before going to bed. Adding a scoop of the powder to your everyday diet will have a great effect on your health and help you build your physique.
Item weight: 1kg
Flavor: No flavor
Protein Source: Casein
- Free of any banned ingredients.
- A vegetarian product allowing everyone to eat it.
- Your physical performance is improved.
- Improves your immunity as well as energy.
- Helps build lean muscles.
- Creates a lot of froth, so it makes it difficult to drink.
Best Casein Protein in India 2021 : Buying Guide
Things you need to consider before buying Casein Protein
The ability of Casein to glob and gel makes it unique as well as diverse protein supplements. At the time of digestion, casein gels along with the stomach acid that reduces the rate of digestion. Though casein protein is less popular, it is an excellent choice for achieving your fitness and health goals. This is why you need to consider certain points before buying a casein protein. In our buying guide, we have mentioned the crucial points that you need to consider.
Casein protein powder’s nutritional value
- Quality as well as the content of protein: Casein is considered one of the highest quality protein sources. It contains all the essential amino acids that ensure your body gets the daily intake of amino acids. The reason why people prefer casein powder is that the proteins are absorbed slowly in comparison to whey. Casein mixes and forms a lump in your stomach, which gets slowly digested for around 8 hours, providing a steady stream of amino acids in your body.
- Beyond protein: Other than protein, casein powder contains several other beneficial nutrients. For example, peptides present in casein helps the digestive system, cardiovascular system, and immune system. It also contains important vitamins and minerals like calcium and iron and contains a small number of carbohydrates and fats.
How much you should take
- For losing weight: If you want to lose weight, your protein intake is lesser than what is required for people who want to build muscles. According to different studies, it has been found out that the best protein intake ranges from 0.8 to 1.6 grams of proteins following per kg of your bodyweight
- For building muscles: If you want to build muscle mass, then according to different research, it has been seen that you need from 1.6 to 2.4 grams of protein following per kg of your bodyweight. You will need more protein if your activity level is high.
The best time to take casein protein powder
- In the case of losing weight: If you aim to lose weight, the best time for you to drink casein protein is just after you finish your workout. This will maximize your fat loss as well as preserve your muscles. Your metabolic rate is higher if your muscle mass is high, which will result in you burning more calories. Apart from this, you should drink your protein shakes along with your meals and not in between meals. This will also boost your fat loss.
- In the case of building muscles: You will always come across an ongoing debate in your gym as to which is the right time to drink a protein shake. After a lot of research, it has been found out that the best time is just after a workout. You will also have several other benefits of taking a protein shake just after you finish your workout. This will help you increase your muscle mass and building tissue. It will also boost your performance as well as strength.
Best Casein Protein in India 2021 : FAQs
What do you understand by casein powder?
Casein is one of the critical forms of protein that you can find in milk. In the cow’s milk, you will come to see that 80% of it is casein protein. Casein is a host of biologically active peptides that increases the property of casein than just muscle building capacity. People usually misconstrue casein protein, and the variation of it is not properly discussed.
Can people safely consume casein?
For human consumption, casein is considered to be perfectly safe. There exists a myth about casein that it can harm your kidneys. This is not at all true. Every study has portrayed the intake of high-protein does not affect your kidneys in any way. Also, there was a myth about casein that it causes cancer. But, that is far from the truth, and no link has been established about casein protein powder causing cancer.
Which casein powder should I buy?
People have different needs, and thus people buy products according to their needs. If you are unable to conclude, then we would suggest that you buy the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Casein protein powder. The consistency of the powder is thick, which lets you remain full for a longer time. The powder contains 24 grams of micellar casein as well as 5 grams of BCAA. It also does not affect your digestion.
List the benefits of casein protein powder.
There are several benefits of casein protein, and some of them are listed below;
- It helps in weight loss.
- It provides you with all the essential amino acids that are required by your body.
- Casein provides your daily requirement of protein.
- During the duration of your dieting cycles, Casein helps you maintain your muscle mass.
- Casein being an excellent protein source, promotes sufficiency.
- Protein content can increase along with added texture if you mix Casein protein powder in baked goods.
What can be the side effects of Casein protein?
There are several benefits of Casein protein powder, but you need to take certain precautionary measures so that you can achieve your goals through the powder.
- Gastric discomfort: A unique property of casein is it tends to clump or coagulate together. But people who are not used to take casein protein will uncomfortable during the initial days. Casein may also result in loss of appetite, and this is a reason behind casein being recommended to take during the night.
- Sensitivity towards lactose: Lactose intolerant people must stay away from Casein protein as it is a milk product. Some of the casein protein powders can remove all the traces of lactose from them completely, but most of the products that are available contain some trace of lactose.
Final Word :
Casein protein is a high-quality protein, provides a steady supply of amino acids, and slows down the process of digestion. It also helps you manage your appetite as well as maintain your muscle mass. You will come across a variety of casein protein powder in the market.
If you ask for our opinion, we would suggest that you go for the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard casein Protein Powder. The consistency of the powder is thick, which keeps you full for a long time. The quantity of BCAA present in the powder is 5 grams, and micellar casein is 24 grams.
Have you used any of these casein powders before? What are your thoughts on the reviews and buyers guide? If you have any queries left, you can share them in the comment section below.