With impaired hearing, people lose the ability to enjoy daily activities and also face a divided attention span as it is quite difficult to stay alert with an improper sense of your surroundings.
Fortunately, the times have changed now and technology has advanced so much that you can find a particular device or gadget to help you with many of your problems.
In case of hearing disability, there are hearing aids designed by various brands that allow the user to amplify the incoming sounds so that they can easily hear that. Not only that, but the hearing aids right now are also available under a very affordable price tag so that everyone can buy one for their loved ones. Here are some factors that should be considered before buying a hearing aid for yourself or someone close to you.
- Personal Adjustment Settings: As we all know, the shape of our ears is quite complicated and there is a vast variety of internal ear structures within each individual. Thus, the adjustment option is crucial in a hearing aid so that the user can comfortable wear them. Not only does it allow the user to adjust the device according to his/her preference, it also prevents problems like a sound leak or improper output from the hearing aid.
- Sound Quality: The sound quality aspect in this scenario differs a lot from what we have discussed while looking at earphones and headphones. The sound quality of the hearing aid represents the clarity of sound so that it becomes easier to understand for the user. This includes noise reduction technology and use of an omnidirectional mic for best coverage.
- Features: Smart features are available in almost every single gadget around us. Hence, you should look at features such as Bluetooth connectivity, dedicated application control, and automatic sound adjustment on hearing aids as well. These features will simply make the device easier to use and increase its potential for results.
We will be including different types of hearing aids in our article that will differ in terms of the budget range, quality, and overall ergonomics of the device. Before you select the perfect option for you, we will strongly recommend you to check out our BUYING GUIDE and FAQ for the best hearing aid brands available in India and gather some additional information present in the guide about hearing aids in general.
04 Best Hearing Aid Brands in India 2021
|Product Name||Weight||Power Type||Buy Now|
|STOIQE||Less than 10 gm||Battery powered||Check The Price|
|FASTWELL||Lightweight||Battery powered||Check The Price|
|Axon||Less than 10 gm||Battery powered||Check The Price|
|AUDITECH||Less than 10 gm||Battery powered||Check The Price|
Best Hearing Aid Brands in India 2021 Reviews
01.) STOIQE Ear Machine Hearing
Our 1st pick for the best hearing aid brand in India is the most affordable portable compact hearing aid from our list coming from STOIQE. If you do not have any special requirements and simply looking for an inexpensive in ear hearing aid, the STOIQE Ear Machine Hearing for the Old Age will be perfect for you.
It features low frequency noise control so that it does not accidentally amplify sudden loud noises which can create shock and damage hearing further. Instead, it has a suitable frequency response for slope type hearing loss and effective sound control.
It also corresponds to uncomfortably sound threshold properly and allows you to adjust the maximum sound output according to your preference. Due to its compact design, it is not visible from the outside and hides in your ear completely while providing you a distortion free sound. There is also a pulling line on the device that allows you to easily take the device out of your ears without damaging your ear or the device itself. The STOIQE Ear Machine Hearing for Old Age weighs less than 10 grams with the dimensions 15 x 9 x 4 mm for best portability.
- Inexpensive in ear hearing aid
- Low frequency noise control
- Does not amplify loud noises
- Suitable frequency response
- Best for slop type hearing loss
- Proper response to an uncomfortable sound threshold
- Compact design
- Distortion free sound
- Weighs less than 10 gram
- 15 x 9 x 4 mm dimensions
- Highly compact device
- Most affordable in ear hearing aid in India
- Frequency response is great
- There is no warranty period
02.) FASTWELL Elite Premium Hearing Aid
Our 3rd pick for the best hearing aid brands in India is the most premium brand in the country and features a highly reliable hearing aid. The FASTWELL Elite Premium Hearing Aid is the only hearing option that you will find in India which features a dedicated warranty period of 1 year.
Apart from that, it is also highly compact and specifically designed in such a way that it is not visible once it is properly fitted inside the ear. Most doctors suggest using the FASTWELL Elite Premium Hearing Aid to get familiar with manually controller hearing aid devices due to its easy controls.
The FASTWELL Elite Premium Hearing Aid is suitable for a variety of users whether they are suffering from normal hearing impairment or major hearing damage that requires loud sound amplification. The total power output on this device is up to 130 dB SPL which should be enough even for majorly impaired hearing ability. Also, it responds to a frequency range of 300 to 4000 Hz which is perfect for general conversation and enjoying entertainment content. The best feature of FASTWELL Elite Premium Hearing Aid is its support for special German batteries that provide a long battery life.
- Highly reliable hearing aid
- 1 year warranty period
- Highly compact device
- Not visible from the outside
- Suggested option from many professionals
- Suitable for a variety of users
- Up to 130 dB SPL sound output
- Frequency range of 300 to 4000 Hz
- Powered by special German batteries
- Battery life is very long
- Features a 1 year long warranty period
- A great option for long term use
- Slightly expensive choice
03.) Axon F 18 Pocket Model Hearing Aid
The in-ear hearing aids are not a suitable choice for everyone. In many cases, the added weight of a completely in-ear hearing aid is not sustainable for elderly people. Also, it is possible that a full-sized hearing aid might not fit in your ears due to compact ear canals.
In such a case, the Axon F 18 Pocket Model Hearing Aid will be a worthwhile choice for you. This hearing aid comes in two parts that include an ear tip that goes in the ear and the external unit which has the mic and amplifier.
Even though it is quite larger in size compared to other options, it has a sleek design and the external unit is compact enough to fit in your pocket. Also, the external unit makes it easier to control the parameters like on/off and sound controls as you can hold the unit in front of you rather than guessing the positions near your ear. Instead of being powered by a button cell, the Axon F 18 Pocket Model Hearing Aid is powered by regular AA batteries that are easily available on the market.
- Alternative for those who cannot use an in-ear hearing aid
- Comes in 2 parts
- Includes small in-ear unit and an external unit
- Sleek design
- The external unit is small enough to fit in a pocket
- Controls are easy
- Powered by A batteries
- A great option for those who need an external unit
- Batteries are available everywhere
- High-quality device
- External unit can get damaged if dropped
04.) AUDITECH Behind The Ear Hearing Aid
In the end, we will feature yet another premium brand in India that produces high-quality in-ear hearing aids that are powered by German batteries for long battery life. The AUDITECH ‘Silver’ Sound Enhancement Amplifier is suitable for users that are suffering from up to 50% hearing loss. The device can amplify the sound levels up to 130 dB SPL which should be enough for such users to listen to its output. The package includes an ear amplifier along with 6 German made batteries so that it can be used without needing to purchase batteries anytime sooner.
AUDITECH has also included the complete operation or instruction manual along with the product so that you can understand the hearing aid if it’s your first time using it. It is powered by P 675 type batteries and responds to a frequency range of 300 to 4000 Hz which is standard for premium hearing aids. There are also 3 different ear tips included in the package to provide you a perfect fir and noise isolation with the hearing aid so that you can easily focus on the sound output from the hearing aid.
- High-quality in-ear hearing aid
- Powered by German batteries
- Suitable for up to 50% hearing loss
- Maximum sound level up to 130 dB SPL
- 6 German made batteries included in the package
- 3 earplugs included in the package
- The frequency range of 300 to 4000 Hz
- Noise isolation is perfect
- Features great sound clarity and amplification
- Suitable for users that have a major hearing impairment
- 6 additional batteries included in the package to get started
- There is no warranty period
Best Hearing Aid Brands in India 2021 : Buying Guide
The hearing brands that we have discussed above are the best options you can find in India right now. These brands were carefully handpicked based on the user’s as well as professional audiologists’ reviews. Hence, you will find a lot of great features on these options and you can expect a fulfilling experience from these hearing aids.
Although, it is still necessary to consult a professional otolaryngologist before you start to use a device as your personal history also matters a lot in this case. In our buying guide for the best hearing aid brands in India, we will tell you what to specifically look for while buying a hearing aid either for yourself or for your family member. These aspects greatly affect the overall user experience of the hearing aids and change the end results for every individual. Acknowledging these factors beforehand will help you to choose a perfect option so that you will be saved from any trouble later on.
Type of Hearing Aid
While going through our picks for the best hearing aid brands in India, you must have observed different types of hearing aids. These types include differences in size, a fitting location, and overall quality of the hearing aid respective of its internal configuration. Here are some common types of hearing aid that you will find in India.
1. Completely In-ear hearing aid
These are the most common hearing aids that fit completely inside the ear and are non-visible to everyone around you. Due to the advanced technology, these options are very compact in size without any compromise in quality. Thus, these devices are very lightweight and you won’t even notice one being in your ear after a day or two.
2. Behind the ear hearing aid
These are the traditional hearing aids that are most commonly seen around us. These options are comparatively cheaper as they are easy to manufacture. Also, due to the common fitting type, it is suitable for almost everyone as the device stays behind the ear. It also makes it easier to reach the controls behind your ears.
3. External hearing aid monitor
These are special types of hearing aids designed for those who cannot use the traditional hearing aid effectively. It includes an additional external unit apart from the extremely compact earplug that goes in the ear. The external unit consists of the microphone and amplifier so that the additional weight is out of your ears. It is great for outdoor use except you always have to be careful with the monitor in your pocket.
The additional features in every electronic device help to make your life easier and a bit more secure. In hearing aids, you will find features such as smartphone app compatibility, omnidirectional microphone, additional feedback suppressions, and much more that are ideal for everyone.
With smartphone app compatibility, you will be able to fine-tune the settings through the app without needing to reach for your hearing aid. The omnidirectional mics on the other hand help to pick up sound from all directions that allows you to be alert of your surroundings while using the device outside.
Hearing aids are critical devices that include many small parts that can get damaged very easily. One of the most common reasons for damaged hearing aids is simple drops and impacts. This can be avoided if the hearing aid you are using fits perfectly in your ear. With a tight-fitting, the hearing aid will not fall out of your ears even while you are running or working out. Another advantage of a tight-fitting is perfect noise isolation as seen in high-end earphones. The noise isolation does not let external noise enter your ears and allows you to pay attention to the amplified sound.
Sound Amplification and Frequency Response
Lastly, you should carefully check the sound amplification levels available with a certain option. While all hearing aids amplify the sound levels, you need to check whether the sound level available on your hearing aid is suitable for your condition or not.
In most cases, the hearing aids do not work as expected because the sound amplification level does not match the hearing conditions. Thus, you should get your ears checked out by a professional and understand your condition before buying a hearing aid. The same goes for the frequency response of the hearing as it can cause trouble if it amplifies too low or too high frequencies.
Best Hearing Aid Brands in India 2021 : FAQs
01. What are locked hearing aids?
A locked hearing aid represents the fact that it can only be repaired by a professional repairman from the brand or through the brand’s service centers only. You can use the locked hearing aids as you like without any restriction. But, you will not be able to get repaired in a local repair shop if it is locked by the brand. Doing so will void any existing warranty period completely that will prevent you from claiming the warranty from the brand.
02. What is the importance of omnidirectional microphones?
Our natural ears are omnidirectional meaning that they can receive sound from all directions and give your brain precise directional sound which is essential. To mimic the properties of the ear, the sound intake mic used on the hearing aid needs to be omnidirectional. It is crucial for the safety of the user as they will be able to hear things from the sides and behind them. Omnidirectional mics can provide the correct information to the amplifier for the best results.
03. How to take proper care of hearing aids?
Hearing aids can get damaged easily and you must take care of our device if you want it to last long. Our first suggestion would be to always use compatible branded batteries with the device and avoid using generic batteries. These batteries can damage the internal circuitry of the device making them less effective over time. Also, most hearing aid comes with a cleaning brush that you should use frequently to avoid getting the dirt and dust inside the unit.
Hearing aids are not the most common gadgets in the market right now. In addition to that, most people that require a hearing aid device do not have proper knowledge of these devices and are dependent on the recommendation of a familiar individual before buying them. Thus, most people end up with an incompatible device as there might not be any personalized adjustments available for them.
To save you from these problems, we have brought great hearing aid choices available from some of the best hearing aid brands in India. There are a variety of options available in our article today that include premium, high quality, and budget-friendly options altogether. If you want additional help while selecting one of our best picks, you can refer to our buying guide for the best hearing aid brands in India. If you are curious about the best picks from today’s list, here are some excellent features that might be the best choice for you.
- Buying the most expensive option is not always the best choice as there might be a highly beneficial product for you under an affordable range. The STOIQE Ear Machine Hearing for Old Age is one such device that is affordable and features many great specifications. It comes with low-frequency noise control to make the sound clear and also adjusts the maximum output for low sound distortion.
- In case you are looking for a long-term hearing aid that can be used for many upcoming years, the FASTWELL Elite Premium Hearing Aid is the ideal pick for you. This is a premium well as compact hearing aid device for you that can be installed in the ear directly. It has a maximum power output of 130 dB SPL while operating under the frequency range of 300 all the way up to 4000 Hz. It is powered by a German battery to provide the longest battery backup.
- For many reasons, some elderly users are unable to install a full hearing id inside their ears. For such users, an external hearing aid monitor like the Axon F 18 Pocket Model Hearing Aid is a perfect choice. It is a pocket hearing aid with only the ear tip being inserted in the user’s ear. Still, it is a battery-operated device and allows you to use it wherever you go without worrying about power.
Leave a Reply